Fact: Electronic communication also has environmental impacts.
THERE ARE 20% MORE TREES IN THE U.S. TODAY THAN THERE WERE ON THE FIRST EARTH DAY CELEBRATION IN 1970.¹
The reality is that the greatest incentive for continued investment and retention of our nation’s forests is a stable market for paper and other wood products.
Dovetail Partners ²
Paper manufacturers encourage forest sustainability through their purchase and use of certified wood fiber and by promoting sustainable forest management policies and practices at home and around the globe. By providing a dependable market for responsibly grown fiber, the paper industry encourages landowners to manage their forestland instead of selling it for development or other non-forest uses.², ³
• Net forest area in the U.S. has been stable since the early 1900’s and has increased from 754 to 766 million acres between 2005 and 2015. Net volume of growing stock increased by over 10% between 2005 and 2015.4 Canada’s forest area of 857 million acres has been quite stable over the past 25 years.5
• Each year forests in the U.S. and Canada grow significantly more wood than is harvested. In the U.S., average net annual increase in growing-stock trees nationwide is about 26 billion ft³.6 In 2015, Canada harvested just over 5.6 billion ft3 of timber, well below the estimated sustainable wood supply level of 7.98 billion ft³.7
• Claims like “go paperless – save trees” create a false impression that forests are a finite resource, being destroyed. In truth, North American forests are a renewable resource that is continuously replenished using sustainable forest management.8
• More than half the forest land in the U.S. is owned and managed by about 11 million private forest owners. Private forest lands provided over 90% of the domestically produced wood and paper products in 2017.
• The income landowners receive for trees grown on their land encourages them to maintain, sustainably manage and renew this valuable resource.9
• On privately owned timberlands, overall inventories increased 6.2% between 2008 and 2014 and forest growth exceeded harvest removals.10
• Avoiding the use of wood is not the way to protect forests for the long term. It is precisely the areas of the world that consume the least wood that continue to experience the greatest forest loss.8
Our response to COVID-19
We extend our extra support to you during this unprecedented time due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus situation. We have supply and are ready to meet your citation and parking paper needs.
We continue to manufacture both stock and custom products daily to support your operation. And, we've implemented all recommended procedures to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
All stock items can be shipped next business day and custom orders can be completed within 15 working days.
Please contact us if you have questions or would like a quote, sample or need supplies quickly. Our customer service team can be reached at (800) 572-7376.
We hope you and your community stay healthy. Please do not hesitate to let me know how we can assist you.